Atlanta Pediatric Dental Assistant School (APDAS) Expanded Duties Dental Assistant Course
Next Class is November 18, 2023. Sign up today!
Approved by the Georgia Board of Dentistry
Our Expanded Duties Dental Assistant program is designed to ensure dental assistants abide by the requirements set by the Georgia Board of Dentistry. For a dental assistant in Georgia to legally monitor patients under nitrous oxide, desensitize teeth, apply fluoride and sealants, and etch and bond teeth, the assistant must complete 12 hours of instruction that satisfies Georgia code section 150-9-.02.
The APDAS offers highly efficient and affordable expanded duty courses which prepare students with the necessary skills to perform these EDDA duties.
Upon completing the course, you will have the skills and knowledge necessary to perform additional techniques, procedures and applications as a dental assistant. These new skills and insight may help you grow in your career and be prepared for advanced positions.
Why the APDAS EDDA Program Is The Best In The State with a Pediatric Dental Approach
- Atlanta Pediatric Dental Assistant School is approved by the Georgia Board of Dentistry to teach, certify, and ensure that EDDAs meet the Board’s requirements.
- The EDDA Course 6 Program is designed with the pediatric dental assistant in mind, allowing for the best learning experience.
- Classroom Learning via Webinar
The classroom learning for each session is available online via recorded webinars and videos.
- Our program offers clinical training in a small class to ensure proper training, understanding of skills, and plenty of one-on-one attention.
- Our program is taught by experienced and knowledgeable pediatric dental instructors who are dedicated to your success.
- Our program is constantly updated to reflect the latest advancements and techniques in the pediatric dental field.
- Graduates of our program are highly valued in the pediatric dental field and can enjoy a fulfilling and rewarding career as an EDDA.
To be eligible to attend the APDAS Expanded Duties Courses the dental assistant must meet one of the following criteria:
1) Possess current certification that the candidate is a Certified Dental Assistant.
2) Be a graduate of a one (1) year accredited dental assisting program or a dental assisting program approved by the Georgia Board of Dentistry.
3) Have been employed as a chair side assistant by a licensed dentist for a continuous six (6) month period within the previous three (3) years.
In Addition, the candidate must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED and proof of current CPR certification.
- Pass the written and clinical competency examinations.
Upon completion of this course, the student will receive a Georgia Board of Dentistry Expanded Duties Dental Assistant Certification.
The APDAS offers the following EDDA training course:
- Monitor Nitrous Oxide
- Fluoride Application
- Dry Socket Redressing
Plus these items from Course 5 (at no additional cost)
- Dentin Bonding
- Liners and Bases
Note: The Atlanta Pediatric Dental Assistant School reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet minimum participation requirements.
All registration fees may be transferred to another course date if notification is received at least 30 days prior to the scheduled course date. Cancellations or transfers after that time will not be permitted. There are NO REFUNDS.
Any questions contact APDAS at 770-687-7940 or email email@example.com