What does a Pediatric Dental Assistant do?
The APDAS Pediatric Dental Assisting program is designed to be flexible and convenient, easily fitting into your busy schedule and life responsibilities. Our program is broken into two parts:
- Homework: Each week you are assigned textbook and student manual chapters to read and study. You’ll complete these assignments whenever and wherever you want! You’re in the driver’s seat as you complete each week’s assignment at your own pace. There are no lectures to sit through! You will take a test each Saturday covering the previous week’s reading assignment. You must make a 75 on all tests. In addition, you will have weekly videos to watch that reviews what you were taught that week and a preview of the next week’s training. We have found this helps students learn and retain the hands-on training very quickly – increasing their level of competence!
- Hands-On Training: Each week, you will be trained with hands-on training in a real pediatric dental practice with real dental materials and technologies taught by real Pediatric Dental Assistants and Hygienists! This reinforces your understanding of everything that was learned during the homework reading and video assignments. The hands-on training is taught by our highly qualified and seasoned instructors who enjoy successful careers as Pediatric Dental Assistants and Hygienists.
What can I expect from a Pediatric Dental Assistant curriculum?
The APDAS curriculum has been carefully crafted and refined by the owner, Dr. Rhea M. Haugseth, to ensure you receive the most relevant, useful, and up-to-date training. Dr. Haugseth is also a practicing Pediatric Dentist with over 40 years experience, so you’ll be trained as a Pediatric Dental Assistant from the perspective of a Pediatric Dentist (i.e. your future boss) and what they expect of you. Our goal is to give you a competitive edge over other general Dental Assistants applying for the same job. Through the use of modern pediatric dental technologies and best-in-class training techniques, APDAS’ curriculum is built around the needs of today’s successful Pediatric Dental Assistants. No other dental assistant training program focuses on the needs of a Pediatric Dental Practice, so our graduates are in high demand by dental practices that treat children.
How long does it take to complete your program?
Our program is 9 weeks of meeting every Saturday from 8 Am to 5 PM. It also includes about 5-6 hours of weekly homework in addition to the 9 Saturdays of hands-on clinical training. The time it takes for your homework is very individualized.
How many students are in each class?
We intentionally keep our classes small by capping them off at 12 students per class, while maintaining a student-to-teacher ratio of no more than 6:1. This helps ensure no students are left out and a quality education is available to everyone in class. It’s our goal to provide the same amount of personalized hands-on training and guidance to each individual for the best possible learning experience!
Do you offer Financial Assistance?
Absolutely. In fact,most students who apply are approved! We have solutions to fit nearly every type of economic lifestyle. We’re sensitive to the fact that everyone’s financial situation is different. That’s why we offer a variety of flexible and customizable tuition financing options. We have 5 different Financial Partners so one is bound to be the perfect one for you! Now you can finally start your new career without breaking the bank! At a glance, here are a few different options:
- Get up to $400 off when you pay for tuition in full!
Best suited for those who want to take advantage of our limited time only special early bird discount. Call or email us for more details.
- Pay the total in 3 payments Best suited for those who are looking to avoid student loan interest and fees, while paying off their education in a short amount of time!
- Customizable monthly payments Low credit? No credit? No problem! Most students are approved and these programs are customizable to fit your budget. This option may require a down payment and can be structured with weekly or monthly payments. Want to pay in full? Save $200 when you pay for the entire program up front!
How do I enroll in your program?
The admissions process into the Atlanta Pediatric Dental Assistant School is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and can be completed right here on our website in a matter of minutes! Your new career is just clicks away. Here are the steps to get started:
- Step 1: Click HERE to submit your registration.
- Step 2: Click HERE and pick from a variety of payment options based on your economic situation. We have financial assistance to fit every type of student, ensuring your education is affordable and cost effective! Contact us to receive a list and contact information for our 5 Financial partners.
- Step 3: Complete the Tuition Form HERE and submit to us!
What will I receive for completing the APDAS program?
Graduating students will receive a certificate of completion, indicating all requirements and expectations of the Atlanta Pediatric Dental Assistant School training program have been met and fulfilled. This is an important certificate and one that you can share with your employer to prove you’ve completed the Atlanta Pediatric Dental Assisting School. In addition, you will receive the Georgia Radiology certificate, 4 OSHA/HIPPA certificates, the CPR BLS certificate, and a one year menbership in the Pediarric Dental Team Association! Everything you need to be able to start a Pediatric Dental Assisting job immediately!