Fall is one of the most colorful times of year! It’s also a great time to set out on a family excursion to enjoy the cooler temps and everything pumpkin infused!
We have taken the leg-work out of locating fun, autumn inspired activities for you and your family to enjoy!
There’s sure to be something on our list that will delight even those pumpkin hating, summer loving members of your family!
Things to Go and Do!
- Apple Picking – If you haven’t taken your family to go apple picking yet, I highly recommend it! Here is a great source for finding places to go pick apples! Spending the day roaming around an apple orchard can be so invigorating; and it really gets your mind thinking about all the wonderful foods you can create with the hard apple picking labor you’ve done. Need an idea? Check out this delicious apple cake with caramel sauce recipe!
- What about making pumpkin slime with your kids! It’s feels as gross as it sounds which means kids will LOVE it! This recipe produces a great pumpkin slime! Try it out, today!
- On those chilly days when going outside to find an adventure doesn’t sound pleasing, you can gather your kids around and make these awesome Glowing Pumpkin Lanterns that I found over at Growing A Jeweled Rose. How great are those!
- Let us not forget a warm and hearty meal to round out a great day of Fall adventures! This beef stew recipe is simple and can be made ahead of time in the crock-pot!
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Enjoy it While You Can!
Fall is a great time to get outdoors and spend time with your family and friends; and the cooler temperatures make it ideal!
Do you have great fall inspired activities or recipes you’d like to share? Share your comments below!
~ Dr. Rhea Haugseth